I work with clients who are dealing with anxiety, depression, grief and loss, major life transitions, relationship challenges, parenting challenges, and career decisions.
I approach my work from and Adlerian perspective, meaning I believe that happiness is rooted in belonging, healthy connections, courage, confidence, competence, and the contributions we make. I believe that all behaviour makes sense when it is understood, and that insight and self-awareness are the catalysts for change.
My role is to help you define your own goals, figure out what's in the way, and move forward.
I have five primary areas of expertise:
1) Couples/Relationship Counselling, Navigating difficult conversations and conflict, and strengthening relationships. Evidence-based approaches used: Gottman Method, Solution-Focused, Adlerian, and Emotionally Focused Therapy.
2) Individual counselling: Supporting clients through anxiety, depression, grief, loss, and major life transitions. Trauma-informed, evidence-based approaches used: Adlerian (strengths-based), solution focused, person-centered, narrative, motivational interviewing.
3) Substance Use: Problematic substance use exists on a spectrum (mild to severe), and can affect anyone. I work with both/either the person using, and those affected by someone else's substance use. Trauma-informed, evidence-based approaches used: Adlerian (strengths-based), solution focused, person-centered, narrative, motivational interviewing.
4) Career/Executive Coaching: Identifying your strengths, and developing strategies for filling in gaps. Exploring what you want, and how to achieve, professional and personal fulfillment. Evidence-based approach, with a wide variety of assessment tools and exercises.
5) Conflict Resolution and Mediation: whether it is: a workplace conflict; separation, divorce, or custody planning; or organizational discord, I can help you effectively communicate and move towards a resolution. I offer instruction and coaching of an interest-based, collaborative, solution focused approach to conflict.
Other Professional Activities:
In addition to my private practice, I hold the following positions:
Faculty member at the Justice Institute of BC.
Crime Victim Assistance Program (CVAP) Counsellor with the Vancouver Police Department (direct billing).
ICBC Counsellor for post-accident counselling (direct billing)
Keynote Speaker on a variety of conflict resolution and mental health issues. Please contact me to find out more.